Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wozzy, Kobe and King James


Angie Woznuk was talking about her sports role models today, and not surpisingly the names Zinedine Zidane, Kaka and Diego Maradona came up. But it was suprising to hear that while her two current role models play with a round ball, they don't kick it. She's really enjoying watching LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. We asked her why:

"Those are two players that inspire me. I've watched Kobe for many years and he's just unbelievable not only on the offensive end, but also defensively. It's the same for LeBron. It's really cool to be so good on both sides of the ball and it's something I hope to bring to my game. I want to make an equal impact on offense and defense. Kobe has certainly had some adversity in his life, but I think he's matured and he's more able to cope with being a superstar. LeBron has also always been very mature as he's had the spotlight on him from a very young age. The way he's handled it all has been really impressive. They are also both so consistent, and that is something all athletes should strive for. Watching Kobe and Lebron get me excited to play soccer."

Keep a lookout for Wozzy in the front row at the Staples Center or the Quicken Loans Arena (if, ummmm, somebody will give her a ticket).

No comments: