Wednesday, September 12, 2007

One Fan in Germany

There’s probably not many people in Germany rooting for the U.S. Women’s National Team, but we know of at least one. Leslie Osborne was asking the other day for a Women’s World Cup TV schedule for Eurosport, sort of the ESPN of Europe. A bit of a strange request? Not if you know that her boyfriend, Kyle Bailey, is playing professional basketball in the Bundesliga for Ulm in Southern Germany. You’d think Bailey would certainly be out-numbered in any Germany sports bar if the USA is playing a European nation, but with several Americans on his hoops team, and with his likely conversion of his German teammates into U.S. fans (as long as the USA is not playing Germany), we think the support for the U.S. women in Ulm will be the best of anywhere in Germany. (Note: Osborne got the TV schedule).

4 comments:

Sam said...

Hey.....

There is another german fan...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sure there's more than one fan in Germany cheering for the US WNT. I've lived in the US for almost seven years now and even though I'm German I can't help but admire the strength and unity of the US team. GO US WNT!

Sam said...

That makes two.

But I know that there are a lot more German U.S. Fans.
I know a handful of Germans who supported the U.S. WNT.

Great game today!!!

Abby you ROCKZ!!!

jules said...

I support the U.S. WNT as well (hence me reading this blog ;)). Well, as long as they don't play against Germany... but if they do and win, I'm cool with it because they totally deserve it.